One important aspects of Facilities Management is to ensure that the "As built" documents are continuously updated. These documents are often referred to as "The Health & Safety File", which may contain:
- The final revisions of all Technical Documents used in the project construction,
- Operating Manuals, incluidng those for dismantling all or part of the project,
- Design Documents such as Process and Instrumentation Diagrams,
- Inspection and Cetification documents.
As Maintenance takes place, there are two document control requirements:
- Provide the maintenance teaom with up to date technical documents,
- Folloing any changes, update the documents whether they be Technical Documents, or Certifications or Inspections.
The requirements for document control remains very much the same as for the construction of the project.
Return to Meaning of Terms