The Life Cycle on almost any project is approximately the same. The time span may be somewhat longer on some that others: the life of a roman sewer is likely to be longer than the life of a moon probe.
What is certain is that all projects have the following attributes:
- A need is realised,
- A solution is proposed, discussed and prepared,
- The solution is implemented - built,
- The project is comissioned - thats is put into a operable state deliverable to its owner,
- The project "operates" - flows or flies ... and is maintained as needed,
- The project ends - dismantled or burns up.
Please see the Project Life Cycle White Paper
Return to Meaning of Terms